Using Microsoft Access database from NiceLabel PowerForms Web
Article ID: 207 - Updated: Jun 17, 2013 - Products: - Version: V5 - Category: License and Activation
If you want to use Microsoft Access database in the form applications that you run in NiceLabel PowerForms Web, there is one prerequisite you have to comply, before you can connect to that data source.
When you run the form on the Web, you might receive the error message:
Cannot connect to database
System error message:
The ‘Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine.
The form application does not display any data from Microsoft Access database.
If you have NiceLabel PowerForms Web installed in the Windows 64-bit operating system and want to use data from Microsoft Access database, you must configure the support for 32-bit mode in the IIS. The Microsoft JET OLEDB 4.0 provider is available in 32-bit variant only.
To enable using Microsoft Access database in NiceLabel PowerForms Web installed on 64-bit systems, do the following:
- Go to your Windows 2008 Server machine.
- Run Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand the Application Pools.
- Select the application pool EPWebPrintAppPool.
- In the Actions pane, click Advanced Settings.
- Select the option Enable 32-Bit Applications and set it to True.
- Click OK.
- In the Actions pane, click Recycle.
- Select the application pool EPWEBDAVAppPool.
- Repeat steps from 5 to 9.