Label objects print as black rectangles or no label preview is shown in Document Management System
Article ID: 292 - Updated: Nov 20, 2017 - Version: V7,V1 - Category: Fixed Issues
When using NiceLabel Automation for label printing, some label objects print as black images (black rectangles) and not with the defined content. The following label objects are affected: 2D codes, Rich Text box.
When you preview the label in Document Management System (in Control Center), a blank label is shown for label preview.
We have submitted report to Microsoft's team and are have worked with them to resolve the problem. The culprit has been identified. The Microsoft's security update deployment from September 12, 2017 is causing the problem. More specifically, it is the Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework.
The problem is solved with .NET Framework October 2017 Security and Quality Rollup released on October 10.
Microsoft has published a blog post, with details about the update and with a list of "Security and Quality Rollup KB" that provide update. See the whole post here.
- Windows 10 1703: KB4041676
- Windows 10 1607: KB4041691
- Windows 10 1507: KB4042895
- Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2: KB4043767
- Windows Server 2012: KB4043769
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: KB4043766
If you are not able to install October 10 updates just yet, the following workaround is available.
Please remove the Microsoft security updates for .NET Framework (from September 12):
- Windows Server 2012: KB4049071
- Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2: KB4040972
- Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2: KB4040973 and KB4041083
To remove the update, do the following:
- Open Control Panel.
- Navigate to Programs and Features>Installed Updates.
- Find the update with the KB number in its description.
- Click Uninstall.