Label Design Optimizations
Article ID: 219 - Updated: Feb 3, 2021 - Products: Designer Express, Designer Pro - Version: Any - Category: Install and Upgrade
To achieve a fast label printout make sure you send the minimum amount of data to the printer.
Use the following optimizations where possible:
- Use NiceLabel drivers
- Use internal printer fonts. If you must use TrueType fonts, download them to printer memory.
- Use internal printer counters.
- In Label Properties > Printer tab enable:
- Optimize printing of identical labels
- Combine non-printer elements into one graphic when sent to printer
- Use "session print". In this mode, you do not print the labels individually but send all data to the printer in a single print stream, and then execute printing.
- If you do not achieve adequate label printing speed with steps 1 and 2, download your label file into your printer memory (for supported printers):
- Design label in NiceLabel Designer.
- In Label Properties > Printer tab enable Use store/ecall printing mode.
- Go to File > Store > Store to printer. You can also define your Store variant.
- White paper: A Programming Integration White Paper
- Programming Manuals for your thermal printer