Installing support for WebDAV to access documents inside Document Storage
Article ID: 157 - Updated: Feb 15, 2021 - Products: Control Center - Version: V2019, V2017, V6 - Category: Connectivity and Database
Document Storage is a document repository on the Web. It allows you to store labels, forms, graphics and other files. The latest revision of the files is always available to all connected NiceLabel users.
Document Storage is based on WebDAV technology and requires updated support for Web Folders installed on each client computer. NiceLabel client installation prompts you to install the Web Folders. If you disregard this step, you will not be able to access documents from the Document Storage.
WebDAV is a set of extensions to HTTP protocol. It provides a framework for users to create, change and move documents on a server; typically a web server or web share.
NiceLabel Control Center provides WebDAV access to the files inside the Document Storage. All clients that interact with the Document Storage must have enabled the WebDAV support. Usually, the "clients" are NiceLabel Designer and NiceLabel Automation.
- Current Windows operating systems. The WebDAV support is already installed.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems. You have to enable the Desktop Experience feature.
- Windows Server 2016 operating systems. You have to enable the WebDAV Redirector feature.
On some machines, you also have to enable the WebClient Service to "Automatic" Startup Type.
Do the following:
- Press Windows key (or <Ctrl> + <Esc>) to open the search.
- Type in "Services" and run the Services window.
- Locate the service WebClient.
- Double click WebClient to open its properties.
- In the Startup type combo box select Automatic.
- If the service is not running yet, click Start button.
- Click OK.
- Close Services window.
On some machines, you also have to enable the Portable Device Enumerator Service to Automatic Startup Type, when you want to use Microsoft Access or Microsoft Excel data files from the Document Storage.