Identifying Document Management System in a multi-tier landscape
Article ID: 301 - Updated: Feb 22, 2021 - Version: V2019, V2017 - Category: Install and Upgrade
An increasing number of labeling operations needs a multi-tier configuration model as the most efficient way to stage and deploy the labeling-related files. The multi-tier approach removes all of the risks identified in case of a single system landscape, where a single server is used for development, testing, and production.
In such landscape model, Development and Quality Assurance/Testing create and test the new labeling solutions before the adaptation in Production environment. Usually, a three-tier landscape is adopted, where the same environment merges roles of Development and Quality Assurance. Each environment requires a dedicated installation of the Control Center product.
When working in a multi-tiered landscape, you can configure custom names for each landscape. This way you identify to which landscape the current Document Storage belongs.
To define your custom landscape names:
- Open the application SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to the SQL Server hosting the database of a Control Center.
- Expand the tree-view to reach Databases > <selected database (default name is NiceAN)> >Tables > nan.Setting.
- Right-click the table nan.Setting and select Edit top 200 Rows.
- Add a new record.
- For the field Setting, enter the value "InstanceName".
- For the field Value, enter the custom name for the current landscape.
The custom landscape name displays on top of the Control Center window.