Software Support Specialist
NiceLabel Americas is looking for a Software Support Specialist to join the Technical Team in our Wauwatosa, Wisconsin office. NiceLabel America’s Technical Team is responsible for being knowledgeable on the NiceLabel product line and providing expert advice and support to our customers.
The worlds’ largest organizations rely on the NiceLabel platform as the most trusted barcode and label technology available today. Our next generation software provides a robust platform used by a majority of Fortune 500 companies. NiceLabel’s Technical Team ensures maximum uptime, and responsive support for global deployments. Technical Team members also work collaboratively with the NiceLabel Professional Services Group to deliver fast and seamless project implementations.
Ad language: English
Position: Software Support Specialist
Location: Greater Milwaukee Area, USA (NiceLabel Americas)
Expected experiences: N/A
Type of employment: Full-Time Regular
Apply for the job
The Software Support Specialist provides support and technical issue resolution via email, phone and other electronic mediums to NiceLabel customers, global partners and domestic sales personnel:
- Create targeted examples illustrating specific features of the NiceLabel software
- Evaluate issues to be resolved using logical problem solving techniques and create/obtain relevant technical information to solve the customer's problem
- Contribute feedback on customer needs and expectations to the development team, product managers, and marketing managers
- Responsible for the process of technical documentation for development (help files, FAQ, technical solutions, case studies, etc)
- Experience with PC hardware/printer setup
- Experience in software testing
- Strong ability to navigate current Windows (desktop and server) operating systems
- Familiar with SQL and database practices (including the Microsoft SQL package)
- Familiar with Microsoft IIS Web server management/troubleshooting
- Familiar with networking principles (TCPIP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory)
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks throughout a given work day
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
-Typing proficiency: 40+ wpm
-The ability to convey technical principles to a non-technical audience and vice versa
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques within a team setting including:
-Problem breakdown methods
-Create/obtain relevant technical information
-Develop and execute resolution plan
- A degree from a technical college, an associate's degree, or bachelor's degree from a college/university/equivalent; or relevant workplace experience in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in escalating incidents after fully exhausting the tools and information available
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in oral, written and diagram form
- Familiar with principles scripting language desired (vbscript, Python)
- Commitment to prompt response to customer inquiries
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand/walk and may also be required to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Why Work for Us?
- Great work environment and corporate culture - we have a global presence, yet we have a small, personable office environment
- Opportunity to collaborate with a global team and expand skills across geographic boundaries
- Countless opportunities to grow personally and professionally - with numerous training programs and outlets for development, we ensure that our employees are continually strengthening their skill set and developing as individuals
- Competitive compensation package - salary, paid vacation/sick days, medical/dental/vision/supplemental insurance, company matched retirement plan
NiceLabel Americas values the diversity of the people and the markets we are able to work in. It is a place where you can apply your skills to very challenging and interesting environments. It is what makes NiceLabel Americas a great place to work and grow.