NiceLabel is looking for an experienced Pre-sales Engineer (m/w) in Germany (Obertshausen).
Ad language: English
Position: Pre-sales Engineer
Location: Obertshausen, Germany
Expected experiences: min. 5 years
Type of employment: Full-Time Regular
Apply for the job now
Essential responsibilities and duties
The Pre-Sales Engineer is responsible for supporting the value proposition in the pre-sales process with the sales team during the discovery phase as part of the overall sales strategy. She/he will work closely with key account managers and business development managers to gather customer requirements, sample data and define specific scenarios via remote sessions or on-site customer visits. She/he will identify solution components, unique benefits, differentiators, ROI and prepare presentations, demonstrations and proposals. The role of Pre-Sales Engineer is also solving support issues, managing major projects, implementing NiceLabel solutions and providing trainings to our partners and clients.
- Supporting Sales team at Pre-sales and offer preparation.
- Coordinating with Sales team to clarify and advise on client’s requirements, provide initial budgetary estimates and assistance to finalization of Project proposal.
- Cooperation in negotiations for winning development orders.
- Preparation and review of specifications of development tasks.
- Managing projects or parts of projects, including scheduling tasks, deadlines, milestones and identifying possible uncertainties and risks for client or company.
- Control over project or part of product's development lifecycle.
- Representing central communication point between the company and customer during project implementation, installation and configuration of solutions at customers in Germany and other German speaking countries.
- Involvement in all post-sales stages of projects (design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance).
- Providing the first line of field system support on-site and remotely.
- Acting as a technical liaison between customers and the NiceLabel Sales team to meet and maintain customer needs.
- Understanding service processes and options that are linked with the customers’ specifications.
- Assisting in the coordination of project activities such as schedules, subcontractor interactions, report creation, presentation preparation, and status reporting.
- Training on NiceLabel products, participating in training of colleagues to impart experience, knowledge and expertise.
- Help with solving support issues on projects.
Education and experience
- Successfully completed technical studies.
- 5 + years of experience in a B2B technology, label printing or AIDC environment.
- Knowledge of ERP, CRM, WMS or MES systems, familiarity with database administration in SQL Server, T-SQL, knowledge of system and network management issues and tools.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English; other language would be advantageous.
Key skills and competencies
- High intellectual capacity and strategic ability, able to develop ideas and data into concrete plans and actions.
- Ability to translate highly technical information for audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Ability to assess client's needs and management requirements and creatively provide solutions that address those needs, solve clients' problems and add value to the clients' organization.
- Ability to think of Abstract concepts.
- Excellent organization and time management skills meeting deadlines as required and motivating others to do the same.
- Team player – works hard to build cross functional, cross regional and international relationships.
- Flexible approach to working in an organization where additional tasks outside of normal responsibilities may be required to support the overall business.
- Proactive, has desire for self-learning and is highly self-motivated.
- Attention to Detail, but maintaining "Big picture" view.
- Ability to travel (up to 50% of the time) and with the stamina to cope with doing so.
Why should you work for us?
- Employment in an international and innovative environment at a global company that develops its own products.
- Possibility to work in a growing, highly motivated and success-oriented team.
- To obtain exclusive skills and professional training.
- We can offer our employees career development with the possibility of an international career.
- Countless opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
- Stimulating payment which will depend on the effectiveness and results.
- We offer an engaging and flexible work environment and promote a healthy work/life balance.
We look forward to receiving your application. To apply for this position, please send us your motivational letter and CV in English and German at email@example.com.