Print bar code and RFID labels from SAP Applications
How have the SAP-run enterprises addressed this issue in the past?
As much as it would be lovely to support the labeling system directly within the SAP infrastructure, the two provided alternatives both have very specific limitations. Many 3rd-party solutions function in the same way, focusing on:
- Programming the label job files directly in the printer language
- Painstakingly designing labels that look well enough, but are sent to the printer in the form of images, and must be prepared for individual printer types
These approaches and the limitations they impose inevitably prove to be a great burden on the schedules and budgets of labeling operations. It is simply irrational to contract an external advisor and pay him large sums of money simply in order to move a label element 5 mm. If consumer graphical design software can do this in seconds, why settle for less?
If you could make your own labeling system, how would it look?
Even though the label printing operation is a highly complex one, the optimal labeling system in a SAP-run enterprise would have to cover a handful of requirements:
- Complete printer model independence
- Easy to maintain, consuming much less time and effort
- Transparent system with graphical designer, allowing the user to edit settings, create and edit label designs, configure the settings without the need for external assistance
- Standardized GUI with simple installation and intuitive use, which most people can learn to use in a short time
- No compromise on performance, with the possibility to confidently replicate results from test environment in practice
NiceWatch Enterprise Business Connector addresses these exact issues by acting as a device controller, natively linking your SAP data to any one of the 1800+ supported printers.
Check the NiceLabel approach to print labels from SAP Applications®