Middleware Integration of Label Printing Into Existing IT Systems
Non-programming Integration White Paper
Labeling system integration, integration of new functionalities into existing IT systems, interconnectivity, interoperability... Once the technical terms are peeled away, a surprisingly simple solution is revealed. A middleware software module that "sits" between the labeling solution and your IT infrastructure, which makes sure they speak the same language.
This white paper focuses on the middleware method of printing functionality integration, a method that provides unique benefits in its application. It is the solution of choice for:
- Systems which cannot be reprogrammed to include a labeling solution or where the number of software platforms/dispersion of the system makes this ineffective
- Systems which evolve dynamically, making continuous programming-alterations resource-consuming and ineffective
At first glance, when compared with the other two methods, the middleware provides a way to fully integrate the printing functionality into your existing IT structure without modifying the structure that is already in place. It does not demand heavy modification of the programs that you are currently using, nor does it demand exporting and transport of printing files between NiceLabel and your system.
The non-programming integration described in this paper is based on NiceWatch middleware, a cutting-edge solution available in the labeling software market. Middleware solutions (to various degrees) feature powerful and flexible systems of data collection from many different sources and in just about every possible format, so that they can effortlessly use the communications from your current IT system and process this information in a way that the printing infrastructure understands.
The core benefits that non-programming labeling integration solutions offer are:
- The highest possible level of flexibility, due to a heavily customizable middleware module that easily adapts to changes in the existing system
- Complete cross-platform compatibility, as the middleware is able to gather data from any operating system
- Minimal resource commitment, the middleware module is configured and maintained easily and requires no programming knowledge (advanced feature flexibility is available with the help of VBScript customization).
This white paper is part of a 4-piece series of integration white papers. For papers describing other methods or the cover paper on labeling integration, see Appendix.
Download: English version